Informal Letter Sample and Questions

Informal Letter


Informal Letter Writing: Format

Sender's Address

Date

Dear ________,

Introduction
State the purpose of the letter.

Body
Give details in one or two paragraphs.

Conclusion
End with warm wishes or expectations.

Yours lovingly / Yours affectionately,

Your Name

Sample 1: Inviting a Friend to a Birthday Party

24, Lake View Colony
Pune – 411001

15 June 20XX

Dear Rohan,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing to invite you to my birthday party on 22 June at my home. The celebration will begin at 6:00 p.m., and many of our friends will be there.

We have planned games, music, and a special dinner. It would make me very happy if you could join us and spend the evening together. Please bring your parents if possible.

I look forward to celebrating this special day with you.

Yours lovingly,

Aman


Sample 2: Congratulating a Friend

18, Rose Garden
Jaipur – 302001

5 August 20XX

Dear Priya,

Heartiest congratulations on securing first position in your board examination! I was delighted to hear the wonderful news. Your hard work, dedication, and determination have truly paid off.

You have always inspired everyone with your sincerity and discipline. I am sure you will continue to achieve even greater success in the future. Celebrate this achievement and enjoy your well-deserved success.

Once again, congratulations and best wishes.

Yours affectionately,

Neha


Sample 3: Advising a Friend to Stay Healthy

42, Green Park
Lucknow – 226010

10 September 20XX

Dear Rahul,

I was sorry to learn that you have been falling ill frequently. I think you should take better care of your health. Eat nutritious food, exercise regularly, and avoid junk food. Make sure you sleep for at least eight hours every night.

You should also drink plenty of water and spend some time outdoors. Good health is essential for success in studies as well as in life. I hope you recover soon and stay fit.

Take care and write back soon.

Yours lovingly,

Arjun


Sample 4: Sharing Your Summer Vacation Experience

16, MG Road
Nagpur – 440001

30 May 20XX

Dear Anjali,

I hope you are fine. I want to share my wonderful summer vacation with you. My family and I visited Kerala, where we enjoyed the beautiful beaches, backwaters, and wildlife. We also tasted delicious local food and learned about the culture of the region.

The trip was both relaxing and educational. I clicked many photographs and collected interesting souvenirs. I wish you had joined us. I am eager to hear about your holidays too.

With love,

Riya


Sample 5: Thanking Your Uncle for a Gift

8, Shanti Nagar
Bhopal – 462001

2 November 20XX

Dear Uncle,

Thank you so much for the beautiful wristwatch you sent me on my birthday. It was a wonderful surprise, and I liked it very much. I wear it every day, and all my friends admire it.

Your thoughtful gift made my birthday even more special. Thank you for your love and blessings. I hope to visit you during the winter holidays and spend some time with the family.

With love and regards,

Karan


Practice Questions

Instructions

Write an informal letter in 100–120 words. Use the correct format and write in a friendly, polite, and personal tone.


1. Invitation

Write a letter to your cousin inviting him/her to spend the winter holidays with your family.


2. Congratulations

Write a letter congratulating your friend on winning the first prize in an inter-school science exhibition.


3. Advice

Your friend spends too much time on mobile games and social media. Write a letter advising him/her to use time wisely and focus on studies and hobbies.


4. Thank You

Write a letter thanking your grandparents for the thoughtful birthday gift they sent you.


5. Festival Celebration

Write a letter to your friend describing how you celebrated your favourite festival with your family.


6. School Trip

Write a letter to your cousin describing your recent educational trip organised by your school.


7. Exam Preparation

Your friend is worried about the upcoming examinations. Write a letter encouraging and motivating him/her with useful study tips.


8. New School

Write a letter to your best friend telling him/her about your first week in a new school.


9. Hobby

Write a letter to your cousin describing your favourite hobby and explaining why you enjoy it.


10. Invitation to a Family Function

Write a letter inviting your friend to attend your elder sister's wedding or another family celebration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message Writing – Sample and Practice

Notice Writing

Formal Letter Writing: Sample and Practice Questions